You may be here because you’ve seen some of our irreverent, creative, or even offensive advertising. We made some of the advertisements, but some are created and posted by our fans, so we don’t have control over all of them. If you are interested in our advertising strategy and contests, click here. Maybe you’ll win something.
Nonetheless, we are a serious Legal Document Assistant company. We can help prepare, serve, and file the documents required for divorce, custody, child support, visitation, or other legal matter in California. Documents are prepared to your specifications at a cost significantly lower than that usually charged by an attorney. A webpage can’t reasonably answer all of your questions about legal document services, so give us a call at 661-587-8423 to schedule an appointment. However, we will attempt to answer the most popular questions:
- How much do you charge? Significantly less than an attorney. A bit less than most other document services. More than online (offshore) document mills.
- Will you appear in court with me or for me? Absolutely not.
- Do you charge a consultation fee? Not exactly. During our first meeting, we take a $50 deposit that is used towards our document preparation services.
- Will you help me win my case? No. We prepare documents. It is up to you to make the most of them and argue your case in court.
- What if I don’t live in Bakersfield? We can prepare documents for litigants throughout California, but you may want to consider a local LDA if you’re are outside Kern County.
- Do you do pro bono work? Yes. We organize and attend weekly legal help clinics at the Beale Library in Bakersfield. If you come to one of the clinics, you can get free legal advice from an attorney. However, if you want to come to our office, we want to get paid.
- Do you take payments? Yes, so long as they are all made at the same time. Payments can be made with cash, credit cards, PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, CashApp, or other major payment system.
- What if my papers get rejected? If we ever make a mistake in your papers (which, theoretically could happen someday), we will fix it at no charge.
- Can you represent both me and my soon-to-be-ex-spouse? We don’t represent anyone. We prepare documents. We can prepare for both parties if you like.
- Will you serve documents? The owner of this company is fat and afraid of confrontation, so he doesn’t serve documents. However, we can get someone to serve documents for you.