We are a Legal Document Assistant company. We can help prepare, serve, and file the documents required for divorce, custody, child support, visitation, family law, or other legal matter in California. Documents are prepared to your specifications at a cost significantly lower than that usually charged by an attorney. A webpage can’t reasonably answer all of your questions about legal document services, so give us a call at 661-587-8423 to schedule an appointment. However, we will attempt to answer the most frequently asked questions:
- How much do you charge? Significantly less than an attorney. A bit less than most other document services. More than online (offshore) document mills. Our price list is here.
- Will you appear in court with me or for me? Absolutely not.
- Do you charge a consultation fee? No. The initial consultation is free.
- Will you help me win my case? No. We prepare documents. It is up to you to make the most of them and argue your case in court.
- What if I don’t live in Bakersfield? We prepare documents for litigants throughout California, but you may want to consider a local LDA if you’re are outside Kern County and wish to meet your LDA in person.
- Do you do pro bono work? Yes. We organize and attend weekly legal help clinics at the Beale Library in Bakersfield (see KernSeminars.com). If you come to one of the clinics, you can get free legal advice from an attorney. However, if you want to come to our office, we want to get paid.
- Do you take payments? Yes, so long as they are all made at the same time. Payments can be made with cash, credit cards, PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, CashApp, or other major payment system.
- What if my papers get rejected? If we ever make a mistake in your papers (which, theoretically could happen someday), we will fix it at no charge.
- Can you represent both me and my soon-to-be-ex-spouse? We don’t represent anyone. We prepare documents. We can prepare for both parties if you like.
- Will you serve documents? We work with registered process servers and private investigators who can help ensure that your documents are served in a timely, professional manner.
- Are you only in Bakersfield? We are Bakersfield, but we file papers throughout the county and we prepare paperwork for all California courts.
Kern County has multiple court locations. We serve all locations in the county and prepare paperwork for divorces, child custody, parentage, support, and other family law pleadings throughout California. A divorce, child custody action, or other family law matter is generally filed in the closest courthouse to the location of the property.
- A divorce in Bakersfield is filed in the Bakersfield courthouse at 1415 Truxtun Ave. as are divorces in surrounding areas of the county that are near Bakersfield, such as Oildale, Greenacres, and Rosedale.
- A divorce in Lamont, Taft, or surrounding areas, such as McKittrick, Derby Acres, Valley Acres, New Cuyama, San Emidio, Lebec, and Maricopa are also filed in the Bakersfield courthouse because the Taft courthouse is currently closed and the Lamont courthouse does not have a Family Law clerk, so there are no divorces or other family law matters in the Lamont courthouse.
- A divorce in Shafter and divorces in Wasco and Palmo are filed in the Shafter courthouse at 325 Central Valley Hwy.
- A divorce in Mojave is filed in the Mojave courthouse at 1773 State Highway 58 Business as are Tehachapi divorces, California City divorces, Willow Springs divorces, and Rosamond divorces.
- A divorce in Ridgecrest is filed in the Ridgecrest courthouse at 132 E Coso Avenue as are divorces in China Lake, Indian Wells, and Inyokern.
- A divorce in Lake Isabella and divorces for surrounding areas, such as Wofford Heights, Kernville, Mountain Mesa, Weldon, and Bodfish are filed in the Ridgecrest courthouse at 132 E Coso Avenue because the Kern River courthouse does not have a Family Law clerk.
- A divorce Delano is filed in the Delano courthouse at 1122 Jefferson Street as are divorces in McFarland, Jasmin, Pond, Earlimart, and Richgrove.